Formerly known as the Zhongxing Guesthouse, Yangmingshuwu was built during 1969 and 1970. It was originally used by former President Chiang Kai-shek for receiving foreign guests and as a summer home. It was the only residence to be personally picked out and constructed by the order of President Chiang in Taiwan. Today, it is an important cultural and historical site in Yangmingshan National Park which features both natural and human history, making it an intellectually and emotionally resonant recreational site. Tourist information and guided tours are available.
Yangmingshuwu has seen many changes in this area, from the time when Yangmingshan was still a Forest Park, to the Zhongxing Guesthouse period, and on through the Kuomintang Historical Commission period, finally culminating in its present-day designation as a national park.
Yangmingshuwu lies on approximately 15 hectares of land and is located on Zhongxing Road, next to the flower clock near the Yangjin Highway and Dongsheng Road. In its early history, the area was an unspoiled primeval forest and was under the jurisdiction of Yangmingshan Administration. It was also a camping site for the Scouts of China. In 1970, after construction on the Zhongxing Guesthouse and completion of auxiliary buildings, portions of the original forest remained untouched. For security reasons, the hotel was heavily guarded whenever former President Chiang was present. This has resulted in the rich natural environment which continues to surround Yangmingshuwu and Zhongxing Road to this day.
Yangmingshuwu Area Tour Guide.pdf
Visitor Center: (Free access)
Hours of Operation: Daily 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM. Closed on the last Monday of each month (postponed 1 day if the Monday coincides with a national holiday), and Lunar New Year's Eve.
Address: No. 12, Zhongxing Road, Beitou District, Yangmingshan, Taipei City, 11292
Telephone number: (02) 2861-9816
Fax: (02) 2862-3003
- Recreation Information Services
- Contains a model of the Yangming Shuwu region, an introduction to local history, the architecture of the Zhongxing Guesthouse and a lighted display of the hotel's interior and furnishings.
- Zhongxing Guesthouse Tour tickets
- Informational films. Audiovisual room shows: 9:30 AM, 10:30 AM, 2:00 PM, 3:00 PM.
- Special Exhibition Area (F2, Dazhong Hall): 400-year-old map of Caoshan, exhibition of historical photographs, exhibition of hand-written letters and calligraphy by scholars of the Early Republic era.
Zhongxing Guesthouse Tour: (Ticketed Exhibition)
Walk-in sessions for individuals: Two sessions - 9:10 AM and 1:30 PM. A maximum of 50 visitors allowed at each session.
Pre-booked group sessions: Four sessions - 10:00 AM, 11:00 AM, 2:30 PM, 3:00 PM. At least 10 visitors, maximum 50.
Online reservations: http://eip.ymsnp.gov.tw/ymh/index.asp
Adult ticket: NT$80 NTD per person
Half-price ticket: NT$40 NTD per person
- Seniors (65+) visiting on holidays
- Students (Includes foreign students studying in public or private schools in Taiwan)
- Children 12 and under
- Seniors (65+) visiting on weekdays
- Person with disabilities and one accompanying person
- Government trainees
- Holders of Volunteer Service Honor Card
- Visitors who meet other requirements for free admission.
Discounts are limited to visitors of Taiwanese nationality and those presenting valid IDs, approved official documents, or other applicable documents.
Yangming Shuwu Parking Lot Information:
Hours of Operation: 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Space available for 2 mid-sized buses, 15 passenger vehicles, 2 accessible cars, 10 motorcycles, and 1 accessible scooter.
Parking spaces are reserved for visitors of Yangming Shuwu. Parking is free. Please keep your valuables with you; we are not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
Pets, smoking, eating, talking loudly, touching displays, picking flowers and branches are prohibited; photographing is prohibited in the Zhongxing Guesthouse.