Located at the west side of Yangmingshan National Park, Erziping is in the volcanic dip between Mt. Datun's main peak and Mt. Erzi.
The path is even and flat surrounded by wide open spaces with three ponds in the middle. Due to its location on the western, leeward side of Mt. Datun, Erziping is often shrouded in clouds and fog. The area boasts a lush forest and a variety of vegetation, made possible by its temperate weather, in between the sub-tropical and temperate zones. The edge of the forest is compromised mainly of red nanmu, black pine and Formosan sweet gum, giving the area an atmosphere of a deep, quiet valley. Medium-sized trees and shrubs found here include the Formosan Turpinia, common eurya, the Siebold Ardisia, dark spotted cherry, the Oreocnide pedunculata, kawakami maple and the Taiwan Dendropanax. Common plants include the giant taro, Strobilanthes rankanensis, Strobilanthes formosanus, Ophiorrhiza (snakeroot grass), Salvia nipponica var. formosana (yellow-flower sage), Begonia formosana (duck-feet begonia/Formosa begonia) and a variety of ferns. Presently there are rhododendrons, Taiwan cherry, boxleaf eugenia, Formosan snow-bell, and a variety of butterfly and nectar plants, as well as dozens of aquatic plants in the area, making it perfect for butterfly watching, bird watching, mountain climbing, hiking, sightseeing, and plant observation, among other activities.
Address: No. 53-3 Checheng, Sanzhi District, New Taipei City 25243
Hours of Operation: Daily 08:30 AM to 4:30 PM. Closed on the last Monday of each month (if a national holiday falls on a Monday, this area will also be closed on Tuesday) and Lunar New Year's Eve.
Telephone number: (02) 2862-6246
- Guided tours (must be booked in advance)
- Information on sights and things to do in the park
- Disabled-accessible path with information placards
- Free wheelchairs available for loan
- Summary of Yangmingshan National Park in Braille
- Guide books, souvenirs, food, and beverages may be purchased
- Erziping First Parking Lot has space for 32 passenger vehicles and 18 motorcycles
- Erziping Second Parking Lot has space for 33 passenger vehicles and 40 motorcycles.
- A Parking fee will be charged.