The conic-shaped Mt. Qixing volcano is 1,120 meters high and is the highest mountain in the Taipei basin. From the primary triangulation station on the peak, the entire greater Taipei area is at one’s feet. After descending from the peak, looking up at Mt. Qixing from Taipei visitors will be amazed at their accomplishment—but at the same time realize the minuteness of the self. Once visitors scale or visit the mountain, they will achieve a basic understanding of it and ’it’ will no longer be just a towering volcano, but a good friend opening the doors to nature.
When everyone opens the doors and windows to nature in their hearts, nature will never cease to bring joy and wisdom. My friends, it’s time to visit!
View of Mt. Zhugao From Taiyanggu
- Leisurely route: Lengshuikeng visitor center → Shady tree trail → Qixing Park→ Menghuan Pond → Xiaoyoukeng geological area → Arrow bamboo trail → Xiaoguanyin stop parking lot
* This route is composed of flat roads, slightly steep slopes, steep downhill slopes, etc. Total length: approximately 4.5 km.
- Climbing route: Lengshuikeng visitor center → Shady tree trail → Mt. Qixing east peak → Mt. Qixing main peak → Xiaoyoukeng geological area → Arrow bamboo trail → Xiaoguanyin stop parking lot
* This route is composed of flat roads, steep uphill slopes, steep downhill slopes, etc. Total length: approximately 6.4 km.
* Not recommended for visitors with heart conditions, high blood pressure, knee injuries, etc.
- Menghuan Pond: View rare plants in the pond.
- Xiaoyoukeng geological area: Experience the breathtaking scenery of Xiaoyoukeng.
- Mt. Qixing east peak: Views of Pingdeng Village, the satellite radar station and Qingtiangang.
- Mt. Qixing East Peak: Views of Pingdeng Village, the satellite radar station and Qingtiangang.
- Mt. Qixing main peak: The highest mountain （1,120 m） in the Taipei Basin, the primary triangular station on the peak offers a spectacular view overlooking the Jinshan and the greater Taipei area.
Visitors should bring
- Backpack, drinking water （at least 1000ml）, lunch, lightweight raincoat.【Essentials】
- Camera, binoculars, any personal medicines, walking stick （or long umbrella）【Optional】
- A joyful heart【essential】; please clean up and dispose of any waste in garbage cans. Protect our environment!
Information provided by: Chongyan Wudian ecology studio
- Getting there:
1.MRT Jiantan or Shilin station → S15 → Lengshuikeng visitor center
2.MRT Jiantan or Shilin station → R5 bus → 108 shuttle bus
- Coming back:
1.108 shuttle bus → R5 or 260 bus → MRT Shilin or Jiantan station
2.1717 Royal Bus → MRT Shilin or Jiantan station
3.Shuttle bus 108 → S9 or 230 bus → MRT Beitou station → MRT
4.216, 218, 266 bus